Lauren Teigland-Hunt is a partner at Teigland-Hunt LLP. She founded the firm in 2002 and focuses on derivative transactions and regulation.
Lauren has extensive experience representing hedge funds, multinational corporations, exchanges and trade associations in a wide range of trading matters. Having represented multiple clients in the development of and onboarding to swap clearing platforms over the last 20 years, she is one of the industry’s leading experts in cleared swaps. She has acted as counsel to several ISDA drafting committees and served as chair of the OTC Derivatives Subcommittee of the American Bar Association. Previously Lauren was an attorney at Sullivan & Cromwell LLP in the firm’s Commodities, Futures and Derivatives Group (1996-2002) and worked as a futures trader in Paris and a commercial real estate banker in New York (1986-1993).
Lauren is a graduate of Stanford Law School (J.D. 1996) and Georgetown University (A.B. 1986).
- Committee on Derivatives and Futures Law, American Bar Association; Chair of OTC Derivatives Subcommittee
- Law and Compliance Division, Futures Industry Association
- Futures and Derivatives Law Committee, New York State Bar Association
- Contract Drafting Committee, Edison Electric Institute
- Adjunct Professor, New York Law School (2009-2010)
- Adjunct Professor, NYU School of Law (2015)
Stanford Law School, J.D. 1996
Georgetown University, A.B. 1986
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York