Lauren Teigland-Hunt is Managing Partner at Teigland-Hunt LLP. Her practice focuses on both OTC and listed derivative transactions as well as physical commodity and securities trading. She has extensive experience representing multinational financial institutions, hedge funds, exchanges and trade associations in a wide range of trading matters, with a focus on equity, credit, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodity instruments.
Having represented multiple clients in the development of and onboarding to swap clearing platforms, Ms. Teigland-Hunt is one of the industry’s leading experts in cleared swaps. She also has been actively advising clients on the implications of the Dodd-Frank Act and other matters related to derivatives reform and U.S. commodities law and regulation. She currently acts as counsel to several ISDA drafting committees and is chair of the OTC Derivatives Subcommittee of the American Bar Association.
Prior to founding Teigland-Hunt LLP in 2002, Ms. Teigland-Hunt was an attorney at Sullivan & Cromwell LLP in the firm’s Commodities, Futures and Derivatives Group (1996-2002) and worked as a futures trader and commercial lender in New York and Paris (1986-1993). She is a graduate of Stanford Law School (J.D. 1996) and Georgetown University (A.B. 1986).
- Committee on Derivatives and Futures Law, American Bar Association; Chair of OTC Derivatives Subcommittee
- Law and Compliance Division, Futures Industry Association
- Futures and Derivatives Law Committee, New York State Bar Association
- Contract Drafting Committee, Edison Electric Institute
- Adjunct Professor, New York Law School (2009-2010)
- Adjunct Professor, NYU School of Law (2015)
Stanford Law School, J.D. 1996
Georgetown University, A.B. 1986
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York